Due to the Coronavirus outbreak, a large backlog and reduced staff, HMSC will be running a very limited service until further notice:
- The drop-ins (triages) are closed
- Our telephone catch-up line is closed
- We are not able to take on any new cases
- We will carry on bringing limited support to people who have a pending case with us. If you already have a case pending with us and you want an update, please send an email to email@example.com
Many thanks for your understanding.
What we do – (Not applicable at the moment, during the Coronavirus outbreak)
At the Haringey Migrant Support Centre we provide:
- Advice on immigration and welfare issues
- Health advice and help in accessing NHS services
- A hot meal
- A space to relax and socialise
The Centre is open for triage (initial assesssment) every other Monday between 11:00 am and 1pm (check exact dates here), but people often arrive earlier and wait outside (unfortunately we can’t invite people inside before 11am).
Please be prepared for long waiting times. We will prioritise people who are destitute or on a very low income, and who cannot afford to access advice elsewhere. When we are too busy, we may need to turn some people away.
During the assessment session we are not able to give priority to visitors who need to pick up children from school so please make other arrangements in advance.
If you are coming to seek advice on immigration, housing or welfare, please bring all relevant documents.
We will not advise British citizens as they are able to access other services.
HMSC is based at St John Vianney Church Hall, 386 West Green Road, N15 3QL.
Please note that we are not able to give advice over the phone or email, all enquiries are dealt with initially at the Monday session.
The nearest tube station is Turnpike Lane, on the Piccadilly line, and plenty of buses stop nearby:
41, 67 and 230 stop near the Centre
W4 stops on Belmont Road
341 stops on Black Boy Lane
29 and 141 stop on Green Lanes
121, 123, 144, 184, 217, 221, 231, 232, 239, and 444 stop at Turnpike Lane Station
HMSC is registered with the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (ref: N201500478)